How is solar a good investment? This is one of the most commonly asked questions by people who are considering whether or not to purchase and install a solar system.
People wonder is it worth the investment, is it possible to save money with solar panels, is it worth the upfront cost, are solar panels worth it? etc.
- is solar worth it?
- is solar a good investment for me?
- is solar worth the cost?
- how do I know if my home is well suited to support solar power?
- can you save money with solar panels in your area?
We’ll answer all your questions in this blog post.
In this blog post, we’ll explore 20 reasons why solar is a good investment for your home and why you should consider purchasing a system with today’s incentives!
- 1 Why Go Solar?
- 2 Top 20 Reasons Why Solar is a Good Investment.
- 2.1 1. Solar is environmentally friendly
- 2.2 2. Solar is cost-effective
- 2.3 3. Solar is versatile and can be placed in many locations
- 2.4 4. Solar is green and clean
- 2.5 5. Solar is abundant and available for all homes
- 2.6 6. Solar is clean, quiet, and produces no emissions
- 2.7 7. Solar is easy to install when compared to other renewable energy sources
- 2.8 8. Solar is reliable and steady compared to other sources of energy
- 2.9 9. Solar is free solar energy and is environmentally friendly as well.
- 2.10 10. You can earn from solar energy
- 2.11 11. The Federal Government is offering tax credits and is also trying to promote solar energy
- 2.12 12. Solar is growing in popularity
- 2.13 13. Solar is becoming cheaper every day
- 2.14 14. Solar is not just for private homes anymore; even businesses are joining the bandwagon
- 2.15 15. Solar is for everyone; you need not have a big house or live in sunny areas to reap the benefits of solar panels
- 2.16 16. It is possible to sell back any excess energy to the grid company
- 2.17 17. It is possible to get a loan or pay with cash to buy the best solar panels
- 2.18 18. There is a lot of information available on the internet to get you started
- 2.19 19. You can make a good investment and save money in the long run by using solar panels
- 2.20 20. Without even considering any other factors, solar is a win-win situation for everyone involved
- 3 Conclusion
Why Go Solar?
Solar is a good investment because it is environmentally friendly, cost-effective, and can save you money on your electricity bills. It is environmentally friendly because solar power requires no fossil fuels or emissions to operate and produces up to 100 times less pollution than coal plants do.
So not only will using solar panels help reduce your carbon footprint but you’ll also be doing something for the environment by reducing air pollution!
Solar is cost-effective because in many states there are federal tax credits that cover 30% of the installation costs for residential customers who install their own system or 50% if they have one installed by an installer, which makes going solar more affordable than ever before!
Top 20 Reasons Why Solar is a Good Investment.
1. Solar is environmentally friendly
Solar is environmentally friendly because it is a clean and renewable energy source.
It is also cost-effective because solar is one of the fastest-growing industries in the United States and is becoming more affordable as time goes by.
The sun is free to use and there is a great amount of solar radiation that is emitted at all times of the day.
The Earth receives enough solar radiation in three hours time to provide what we need on our planet for an entire year
Also, solar panels don’t produce carbon dioxide or any other harmful gases
Researchers have found that if America had installed solar PV on just 5% of its roof space, they would provide enough power for the entire country!2. Save Money on Your Electricity Bills
Solar is a great investment because it can help lower your bills and save you money each month
Purchasing and installing a solar system is one of the best ways to reduce your carbon footprint, protect the environment for future generations, and save yourself some extra cash at the same time.
2. Solar is cost-effective
Solar is cost-effective because of the current solar tax credits. The Solar Investment Tax Credit is a 30% federal credit on solar panel installations for residential customers and is a great incentive to go solar
The 50% credit is extended to homeowners who have an installer install their system for them, which is very appealing when you consider that it can be expensive to install your own system
3. Solar is versatile and can be placed in many locations
Homeowners are not limited to how they place solar panels on their roofs
Some common places to install rooftop solar include the roof, as well as over driveways or parking lots
One of the most popular ways to lower your carbon footprint is by placing a solar system on your roof because you can produce 100% of your energy needs and reduce your dependence on the grid!
4. Solar is green and clean
The environmental benefits of rooftop solar are clear when compared to coal, oil or natural gas
For example, an oil-fired power plant emits over 900 pounds of carbon dioxide for every 1 million BTU produced whereas
5. Solar is abundant and available for all homes
The sun is a source of infinite energy that is readily available to everyone. No matter where you live, the sun is there day in and day out
Solar is an investment that is accessible to people who live in rural or urban areas alike The sun is a great source of renewable energy and is the world’s most abundant form of power!
Latest Post: Top 10 solar companies in India
6. Solar is clean, quiet, and produces no emissions
When you install a rooftop solar system on your home you can enjoy all the benefits without polluting the environment
Solar technology is clean because there are no harmful chemicals or pollutants released into the air when generating power.
Additionally, solar is quiet and produces zero emissions when running rooftop solar system is a great investment because it is safe for the environment and you can save yourself some money every single month!
7. Solar is easy to install when compared to other renewable energy sources
In many cases, installing a solar system is simple and requires no special skills or technical expertise
Homeowners can save themselves even more money by doing it themselves! Some homeowners choose to hire a professional company that can install their system, while others decide to take on the project themselves and save hundreds of dollars in installation costs.
8. Solar is reliable and steady compared to other sources of energy
The sun is a strong source of renewable energy that is constant and reliable throughout the day.
As long as you have sunlight shining on your panels, they will generate electricity
If you are getting power from the grid, on the other hand, there is no telling when your power is going to fluctuate or be cut off.
9. Solar is free solar energy and is environmentally friendly as well.
Not only will you save money with it but you’ll also help reduce your carbon footprints.
Solar is a clean source of energy that is healthier for the environment. There is no other alternative energy source available in the market which is as environmentally friendly and free as solar.
10. You can earn from solar energy
How do you get paid for producing more electricity? You get paid with Solar Renewable Energy Credits (SRECs). Each time your system produces more than what is required by your home is considered excess energy. This is then sent to the grid and is sold on a regional or national basis. Anytime someone on a fixed rate buys electricity, they will be buying it from you (and everyone else who is producing more than their homes need).
11. The Federal Government is offering tax credits and is also trying to promote solar energy
The government is currently offering tax credits for people who are going green and is also promoting the use of solar energy in an attempt to reduce our dependence on foreign fuels. This means you get a lot of money back from your taxes if you install a solar system. In addition, since it is the future of energy, the government is helping financially to ensure that solar becomes a dominant source of power.
12. Solar is growing in popularity
In recent years there has been an increase in the number of people who are interested in renewable sources of energy like solar. This is because as technology advances, more efficient technologies and devices are made available for everyday use. So, you can now easily install solar panels on your rooftop and use them to generate energy for your home.
13. Solar is becoming cheaper every day
In the past decade, there has been a major decline in the costs of installing a solar system which is making it more affordable for people everywhere. There is also an increase in technology for those who want to invest in solar. If you choose a solar company and they have been around for a while, chances are that the prices of their panels have fallen tremendously.
14. Solar is not just for private homes anymore; even businesses are joining the bandwagon
Solar is no longer being considered an alternate solution for those who live off-grid or are not connected to the main power grid. Even businesses and public places like malls, hotels and even offices are installing panels on their roofs to generate electricity.
15. Solar is for everyone; you need not have a big house or live in sunny areas to reap the benefits of solar panels
It is true that there is more energy generated from solar panels in areas that are sunny all year around. Also, if you are living somewhere where power is expensive and is difficult to maintain, solar is likely ideal for your home. But even people who live in homes with shady roofs can now install solar panels because of advancements in technology.
16. It is possible to sell back any excess energy to the grid company
Surplus is generated by solar panels which are then fed back into the grid are called SREC or Solar Renewable Energy Credits. It is also possible to sell any excess energy you generate back to your power company; it is not necessary that they buy but if you can sell, you will earn money from installing solar panels on your roof.
17. It is possible to get a loan or pay with cash to buy the best solar panels
You can choose whether you want to finance your solar system purchase, lease it or choose to own it outright. You might also consider investing in solar by buying stocks from companies involved in making and manufacturing solar panels. There is a list of top investors in the solar panel market.
18. There is a lot of information available on the internet to get you started
Before you install any system, it is important that you know what is involved in its operation and maintenance. This is why it is advised that you do your research before investing in solar panels so that you are aware of everything to expect once it is installed on your roof. There is a lot of information available online to help you along the way.
19. You can make a good investment and save money in the long run by using solar panels
One of the primary reasons why people install solar is because they want to save money whenever they use electricity from conventional sources like coal and fossil fuels. You can be sure to save a lot of money by switching to solar because there is no electricity bill and once you have paid off the initial investment, it is just smooth sailing from thereon.
20. Without even considering any other factors, solar is a win-win situation for everyone involved
Your utility company will not need to worry about transmission and distribution costs because you will be producing your own energy.
Neither is it necessary for them to invest in new power plants or pay more for electricity, which is why they would be willing to buy back any surplus. You also get a chance to save money on your electricity expenses for years to come.
The answer is yes, solar is a good investment. We’ve shared 20 reasons why in this blog post – but if you need more convincing or want to know how much your savings will be, check out our calculator tool at the bottom of this page!
It’s super easy and takes just minutes for us to estimate your potential savings with a simple online form. The next time someone asks “Do I really save money with solar panels?” You can confidently say YES without hesitation because we’ve got all the information you could possibly need as well as some useful tools that make it easier than ever before for anyone to get started saving today.
You’re already here reading through these pros and cons of installing solar panels on your home so now is the perfect time to get started and create your own “solar is a good investment” story!
Leave a comment if you have any doubts.
At Solar Company Success, our mission is to connect solar shoppers with top solar companies in India. We provide valuable content and information on the latest solar energy trends and ideas. Subscribe to our blog for the latest updates on solar energy trends and topics.